Today we are going to create an online marketing strategy for brightworkselectricalservices.com.au
I have been working on the plumbing SEO with Jamieson Burns, from JR Burns Plumbing, when he introduced a friend of his, Peter Horne that own’s Brightworks Electrical Services. Peter was moving his business and needed to inform the world about his changes so that he could keep the customers that he has and develop new customer around the Lake Macquarie area of NSW.
Brightworks Electrical Services is moving to Wangi Wangi, NSW on the central coast near Lake Macquarie.
We decided to come up with an online marketing strategy including electrical SEO. I refer to electrical SEO, because the words and phrases needed to show up in a google search have to match what the clients or prospective clients of Peter’s business are looking for.
It’s important that when we are looking for electrical or electrician terms that they are used by the clients, not just the tradesmen. The best way to learn this is to look at their competition and try to understand what is successful for them and what is not.
Brightworks Electrical Services SEO: Where to begin.
I will review the current website and identify their competition. I will research the terms used and try to match the terms on other sites like ebay, harvey norman, good guys and other electrical supplier sites.
My marketing approach will include the following.
1. Identify a budget.
2. Identify current resources.
3. Identify current marketing processes.
4. Identify how I can do it better.
5. Identify new systems that will add value to my marketing.
1. Identify A Budget.
The budget is established and we have set daily limits on any advertising spend. This is critical. Identify limits that can be measured so that I don’t get any surprises at the end of the journey. If my marketing budget is set too high, without reasonable expectations of revenue, I can dig a deep hole big enough to bury myself in.
2. Identify Current Resources
Being effective and efficient is important. Duplicating resources and process are wasting time and money. I am aware of marketing that is being done by others, so I am now able to create my plan. We have established commitments for social media and Google Adwords? I don’t control or have access to the website, but I can give feedback to the current developers to make changes.
I have established my role and boundaries so that I can concentrate my efforts in the area required.
3. Identify Current Marketing Process
Current marketing for Brightworks Electrical Services will include the following:
The website, Facebook, Google Sites (Google My Business), Pinterest, A business page on LinkedIn, Google Adwords, Vimeo and YouTube.
3.1 Brightworks Electrical Services Website.
The Website is not new but still has no traffic. It has no regular users and few backlinks. It is registering on Google Search but it is not getting enough organic traffic for an active response from a “Call to Action” form on the front page. There are pages and images on the site and the site is optimized for mobile use.
There are some internal SEO changes that need to be fixed, relating to meta tags and descriptions pointing to the old office location and I have sent this information through to the developer. We will be following our electrical SEO process as follows.
3.2 Electrical SEO Process
1. Identify electrical and electrician Keywords for each page
2. Optimise the Page Title, make it unique, including Primary Key Word
3. Optimise the Page Meta Data, make it unique, including Primary Key Word
4. Optimise the Page Structured Data, make it unique, including Primary Key Word
5. Page length to be 1000+ words with 2% keywords and associated variants.
6. The page URL should include the Primary Key Word
7. Page Structure to include h1, h2, h3, h4…
8. Structured Data to be included in the header
9. AMP markup to be included
8. Include a form with a call to action – or contact details on each page.
8. Include internal links
9. Images to include alt attributes with associated variants of keywords
3.3 Our aim with Facebook is to achieve the following:
- Personalize the Brand.
- Drive Users to Website.
- Generate More Traffic.
- Educate and Create Awareness.
- Promote Business Culture.
To achieve our aim, we must test, evaluate, and adjust the strategy to be effective and efficient. All of this really sounds difficult. But it isn’t. When we look at a Facebook post, it is broken into a few areas. The Text Content, The Image and The Call to action.
3.31. Personalize the Brand
This means that the posts should reflect the electrical SEO and identify the new location of Brightworks Electrical Services. Our main focus is on helping future clients, become aware of our services. Our focus on Facebook should be to present to the friends of our followers. A referral is better than a cold call.
Present our business in a social way, focusing on Wangi Wangi and Lake Macquarie. What does all this mean and how do you translate this information into a Facebook post.
We have 3 tasks.
- Become the preferred electrician in Lake Macquarie.
- Drive new customers to our site.
- List on search engines for clients trying to find our electrical services.
- Articles have to be relevant.
- Articles must involve electrical and Lake Macquarie
- Articles must be informative and social.
- Facebook is social, not a direct sales platform. Continuous sales pitching is bad for business.
3.32. Drive Users to Website.
Make sure our post has either a call to action with a button or a text link for your followers to follow. Search online for examples of “electrician Lake Macquarie” to find the competition and preferred keywords.
3.33. Generate More Traffic
Backlinks will generate more traffic to your website, but, the presentation of your social media articles can be effective if they make the user want to take part.
Be creative. This image is our cover page for Searchonline’s Ucard.
3.34. Educate and Create Awareness
How-to manuals are the most common download on the internet? People want detailed instruction on how to do everything. Ebooks in most cases are PDF files that are downloaded from a website. I will use Ebook search and download to educate and create awareness of Brightworks Electrical Services.
3.35. Promote Business Culture
What is the culture of the organisation? As the site grows over time, the culture of the site will be visible and we will be able to engage more in the culture.
3.36. Our Backlink Strategy
Brightworks Electrical Services – Google Sites Strategy
Google Sites (Google My Business) boasts incredibly powerful search engine optimization benefits. We will treat Google Sites as a photography journal. All articles should be electrical SEO Optimized and linked back to articles on the website. All other article rules should stay the same.
1. Articles have to be relevant.
2. They must involve the trades.
3. They must be informative.
4. Google Sites should be 90% images with backlinks to original site sections.
Brightworks Electrical Service – Pinterest Strategy
Pinterest is our visual backlink strategy. All images on our site have to be linked to Pinterest. Each image is to follow our SEO Strategy.
Brightworks Electrical Service – Our LinkedIn strategy
Our LinkedIn Strategy is to promote our company page. From there, link to the other articles and stories about Brightworks Electrical Service.
Brightworks Electrical Service Google Adwords Strategy
For Google Adwords to be effective and efficient we need the Key Words to properly represent the webpage and the business. If we are trying for keywords that are not appropriate for our SEO, we will end up paying a lot more to be listed and probably get an enquiry for the wrong reasons. We end up wasting our time answering calls to wrong numbers.
Our Google Adwords Strategy is as follows.
1. Identify the keywords that are used by our potential members that correctly associate with our website.
2. Identify negative keywords that do not directly associate with our unique business.
3. Create Ad Groups for business directory and business cards categories.
4. Create multiple versions of advertising copy to compare and test the most effective copy.
Brightworks Electrical Service Video Strategy
Create professional video library with information and downloads that directly relate to our site. How to Videos on using the site that will put Brightworks Electrical Service top of mind when they need help.
4. Identify how I can do it better.
Google Adwords require a Continuous Improvement Program. Google Adwords are an effective marketing tool if you can keep the cost down by removing all negative keywords. The cost can have the most impact on reaching new clients. Every day new keywords are being used and the majority should be included in the negative keyword list.
This will prevent unnecessary expense and improve customer experience. We do not want searches arriving at our page and then clicking the back button because they were expecting different information. We do want people that are searching for our services being able to find our services. If our budget is being spent on the wrong search, we will not be available when the right search is looking for us.
5. Identify new systems that will add value to our marketing.
By populating the business details onto the Facebook page and creating some clever ad copy, were have a starting point to build on. We need to match articles with the keywords that searchers are looking for. I need to spend more time producing content that is valuable to our clients. Not technical content with technical terms, but informational content with general terms being used by our potential new electrical customers.
This document is a work in progress. Ever-changing and being updated with more information.